Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Candy Corn Toes and Pumpkin Cupcakes

Revisiting a previous fall post:

I can't seem to like painting my fingernails.  They just chip and piss me off.  I do ALWAYS have my toes painted though! Seriously, I have had my toes painted as long as I can remember.



Plus, today I made pumpkin cupcakes with maple cream frosting.....to die for delicious!!


Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Frosting
2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg

mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl

4 eggs (at room temperature)
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 c oil

mix all above ingredients and fold in dry ingredients

pour into muffin tins (I use muffin cups too.)  fill 2/3 full.
bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (I do 25 minutes)

Maple Cream Frosting
8 oz cream cheese (at room temperature)
3 tbsp butter (at room temperature)
1/4 tsp maple extract (it's like vanilla and located near it at the store)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 c powdered sugar

mix all ingredients except powdered sugar, fold in powdered sugar 

allow cupcakes to cool before frosting....unless you're like me then wait until they are warm and not hot :)  

These are so good you will thank me for introducing them to you or curse me for doing so....yum!

  

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)