Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Painted Stairs and Floor a year later

It all started with the stairs...the nasty crapet (yes, I know I typed crapet for a reason).  It had to go.  So, I ripped it off while Mr. TSL was at work.  Then I was just going to leave it....it got dirty and untreated wood is impossible to clean.  So, I painted them!



After the stairs were painted, I got a wild hair up my....anyways I painted the floor in the dining room and kitchen.


When I painted the kitchen floor I had to paint over some nasty foam crapet glue junk and it made it look like a thousand times better!  However, when I did this I used every last drop of my custom colored porch paint for the project. Bummer.


A year has passed and the floors and edges of the stairs and looking really shabby.  The kitchen floor constantly looks dirty even when it's not!  Bull crap.  I would just touch up the paint, but I'm out.

So, I attempted to paint a runner in the kitchen. It was okay, but I totally kind of stopped measuring and blah, it was a little jacked up.  The suckiest part was that the tape pulled up paint off the floor and looked awful!


The stairs look like this now...yuck!


So, I bought some gray and I am repainting them.  What's that you say?  You haven't seen afters of our Master Bathroom project...oh, that's because it's not done :)  We have had one of those months where if it could go wrong, it does.

Mr. TSL is suppose to be working on the butcher block countertop in his shop at school.  However, we came home from the grocery store and Morgan asked if daddy left the sprinkler on....we had a river coming out of one of our spigots.  It had sprayed the side of the house with mud and Mr. TSL basically had to dig a giant grave to fix the problem.  Morgan, the eternally funny kid, said "Well, we did want a water feature in our yard!"  I laughed hysterically and then told her not to tell Mr. TSL until everything was fixed.  Then some propane tank crap went down and our foundation has cracked due to the extreme drought!  Suckola!

It will eventually get done, I am just thankful to have a toilet in there now!! :)

My goal is to have this project done by Audrey's 2nd Birthday Party at the beginning of September!

-Make your life beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)