Sunday, January 22, 2012

guess hoo's 9? Morgan!!

last tuesday morgan turned 9!! it's almost crazy that i have a 9 year old...that's right people she is almost 2 whole hands!  which is unreal because i am only 25 and i was 21 when i had her...i know i just lied, i'm 30.  yep, 6 whole hands :)

anyhoo, we planned her party and she wanted  a movie theme.  so, we decided on the sound of music, but i couldn't find it anywhere.  so i picked another kid's classic...parent trap, not the one with before she was a druggy slut lindsey lohan, but the classic with hayley mills.

i only got a couple of pics before my camera battery died. boo.  

we went with a yellow ombre balloons and streamers to mimic popcorn.  i picked up lots of big box candy from walmart and some popcorn boxes from party city, the girls loved this!  however, we will not be serving popcorn with 10 little girls in our house ever again.  with plush icky carpet and a lot of, "she knocked over my popcorn"  or "oops, oh well",  the floor ended up covered in popcorn and our neurotic border collie won't eat popcorn.  suckola.




my favorite treat for the party were the owl cupcakes!!




-happy birthday morgan!!

5 comments:

  1. Those owl cupcakes are adorable. And I would have never thought of the balloons to mimic popcorn. Such a great idea. Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute party!!! Those cupcakes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice birthday decoration in the home.It look so beautiful.Cupcake is one of my favorite sweet.I am so crazy about cupcake.I really enjoy it.cupcake decoration are so interesting.


    courses en ligne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kari and belated happy birthday to Morgan. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)