Friday, September 9, 2011

30 before 30 part 4

I am working on the following:
I turn 30 three months from yesterday.  I have decided that I would like to do 30 things before then :)
So, here's my list:

1.  Lose 30 lbs-about 7.5lbs per month (totally doable)!  I'm working on it....yesterday I didn't eat any crap!!  This is huge for me.  I usually eat well all day.  I will eat a good breakfast, lunch, and dinner....then the night falls and I'll find something junky that I usually eat way too much of.  I don't by junk food, so usually I bake something.   I always have the parts of some dessert or I can make one up.  Last night, I didn't though!  
2. Get my wedding ring fixed- I bent the crap out of it when I was carrying in paint cans.  I don't know if that's how it got bent, or if that's when I noticed it.  But it happened in like January...needs fixed pronto!
3.  Go out to dinner only 2 times a month-only on kids eat free night!  This should help with our budget :)  For the most part we have stuck to this.  However, sometimes our family pays for it, so I don't count that.
4.  Finish painting the kitchen and dining room floor-yep I started it!  DONE  :)  Read about it here.
5.  Finish painting the green dining chairs-they may be gray..not sure yet.
6.  Exercise twice a week-anything else is a bonus. I suck at this, but I have been following this regimen.  
7.  Organize the kitchen cabinets-I did a few cabinets and the over hang on the island is coming down on Sunday!
8.  Help mom decorate her house-working on it!!
9.  Floss daily  I have managed to do it around 5 times a week, better than my old 2 times a week :)
10.  Build a baby gate-need to get on this, Audrey is driving me bonkers with all the stair climbing!
11.  Get a mani/pedi-  I've had manicures twice, but never a pedicure!  Mom you are totally going with me :)
12.  Take vitamins everyday.  Wow, I need to stick to these!
13.  Paint dresser in the garage for Morgan and Hayley-Totally almost done with this!  Next week I will post it!
14.  Drink a cup of tea before breakfast. Drinking it now!
15.  Build book shelves-I am making them this weekend I think!
16.  Do something nice for my brothers-all of them
17.  Stencil a wall (I stenciled a tray and LURVE it!!) Done with the wall....need to post the wall!
18.  Host Thanksgiving for my family
19.  Plant flower bulbs in the fall, so we have beautiful flowers in the spring! Started cleaning out the bazillions of pine needles yippy!
20.  Go for a couples massage!   ;)
21.  Dress up for Halloween
22. Carve pumpkins and decorate the house at the beginning of October
23.  Make a faux fireplace mantel
24.  Make the girls' lunches everyday They like to eat at school, so I'll make their lunches when they ask me to.
25.  Declutter the house-Working on it!!  Cleaned a whole load of crap for GW from the house and garage.  I have also been cleaning each area at a time to get rid of the crap!!)  I want to toss most of my wardrobe and start over.  I'm almost 30 and I want to dress better.  I went to the Eddie Bauer outlet a few weeks back and got the best pair of jeans.  They fit perfectly and they don't stretch!  
26.  Spend less time on the computer.  Only after the kids have gone to bed, or before they are awake.  Today, I will start this!  
27.  Put clothes away after I fold them--I wash them, dry them, fold them and stack them on the dryer. Totally suck at this one.  Told Mr. TSL if we had a stackable washer and dryer I couldn't do this...no dice.
28.  Make dinner by 5:30 every night I do it every night!
29.  Teach Audrey to walk and wean her around 12 months or so. She has taken 8 steps and is standing from a squatted position!  But she crawls so fast she had little need to walk.  We are also down to 2 maybe 3 feedings a day.  I am hoping to be done within 2 weeks!
30.  Read Janet Evanovich book 17 Mom bought it, now I just need to read it.


I have been on a huge industrial minimalist kick lately.  Pretty sure Mr. TSL would be mad if I asked him to change the light fixtures again....but, I love the industrial look!

















images all via


-Make your life beautiful and your butt smaller!!





1 comment:

  1. Kari,

    love the new header! How is the regimen holding up? I saw it on pinterest and thought out it.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)