Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Porch Lights!

We have had these up for 2 weeks now and I am just getting around to telling you!
When we moved in I almost immediately started replacing the outdated lighting.
I DIY'd some Pottery Barn Bellora Chandeliers, I DIY's some Blue Mason Jar Pendant Lights and have also replaced others...more on that later.

A few weeks back we had a reunion hosted at our place and I loathed the lights outside on the porch. I also hate the very gold brass handle and kick plate on the screen door!!  I'll have to deal with that later!  
I mentioned the light loathing to Mr. TSL and he asked that this be the light he was in charge of choosing.  
He has good taste, so this wasn't an issue.  He did marry me after all :)  Cost however, was an issue.

He showed me these lights from Barn Light Electric.
100W Atomic Cast Guard CGU Sconce, 96-Galvanized, Ribbed Glass


Love them, but with a price tag of $189.00 each---not happening!!  We need 2 and for $378, I could redo an entire bathroom...see that here :)

So, we set out to find similar, but way cheaper and did we ever!!  Over at Hardware World the Coleman Cable Industrial Light for $17.77!!!

Sold!!  Plus, it was in Kansas City, so it was super close and only took 1 day to get here!!

Before both lights:
After Both Lights:
sorry pic is blurry

Close up before:


Close up after:
Not too shabby for under $40!!

-Make your life beautiful!!





  SUNDAY:
The Girl Creative ,
The DIY Showoff,
Sisters of the Wild West,
The Tattered Tag,
Flamingo Toes,
Under the Table and Dreaming,
I Heart Nap Time


 MONDAY:
Skip To My Lou,
Thrifty Decor Chick,
C.R.A.F.T.,
Sew Can Do,
Dittle Dattle,
Between Naps On the Porch 
Homemaker on a Dime
Making the World Cuter
TUESDAY:
Tip Junkie,
Type A
A Bowl Full of Lemons
WEDNESDAY:
Blue Cricket DesignNot Just A Housewife
Today's Creative Blog
Handy Man, Crafty Woman
THURSDAY:
My Repurposed Life
Paisley Passions
House of Hepworths
Beyond The Picket Fence
Beyond The Picket Fence
The Shabby Chic Cottage,
FRIDAY:
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Miss Mustard Seed
SATURDAY:
Funky Junk Interiors



 , , , Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Extreme Personal Measures, , Someday Crafts, Sew Much Ado, Domestically Speaking, , Organize Your Stuff Now, , ,  , Seven Thirty Three, Just a Girl, Beneath My Heart, , Brandy's Crafts, Finding Fabulous, , ,, ,, 


Monday
  craftThe Graphics FairySumo Sweet Stuff Boogieboard CottageBecolorful Making  
Tuesday
PhotobucketStrictly Homemade Tuesday My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Anything Related LINKPARTYBUTTON
 

Wednesday
a beach cottageDragonfly Designs Creations by KaraThe Trendy Treehouse
NightOwlCraftingShow and Tell Green  

Thursday
giveawaysMy Repurposed LifeTransformation Thursday A Little Knick KnackBeyond The Picket FenceHouseofHepworths
It's a KeeperSuzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom  

Friday
Furniture Feature FridaysmonogramBubbly Nature Lovely Crafty HomeTidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingCraft GoodiesPhotobucketTickled Pink at 504 Main Designer GardenStuff and Nonsense  
BLOG TITLE






Saturday
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Sunday
UndertheTableandDreaming The DIY Show Off

2 comments:

  1. No Way! That's an awesome knock off! Thanks for sharing how to pull that off - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, that's a crazy price difference. thank goodness you found them for less.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)