Monday, April 4, 2011

I have been featured @ Knock Off Decor

I would like to thank the academy.....
Yes, this is how I actually feel!!  I am soooooo excited!

Knock off Decor is an awesome blog that features other blogs who completely rip off imitate popular decorating mags or stores....my drug, eh store of choice is almost always Pottery Barn.


They featured my Pottery Barn Bellora Chandelier Knock-Off.  You can read about that on this post.

If you don't remember they look like this:

I spent the weekend cleaning/scraping the floor in the dining room and kitchen.  Today, I am going to figure the square footage for flooring (future purchase).  I also found some super amazing inspiration for our master bathroom.  My before pics look very similar to the before pics for the inspiration!  They are from Welcome to Heardmont.  Check out their blog, they are AWESOME!  I love finding other blogs from DIY'ers.

My master bathroom looked like this when we moved in:


Their bathroom looked like this when they moved in:

 Fortunately, they had tile... I am rockin' the laminate from 1987. Yippy.

They made this bathroom go from that to this:


I know, pick your jaw up off the floor! I am amazed!  I have been trying to figure out this space for a while now and I now know what I am doing in there!! 

My bathroom is green and will have a gray and white striped shower curtain.  She actually had the exact same idea for the shower curtain as I had for all my curtains at home.  She made this shower curtain out of a white top sheet from Wal-Mart and fabric paint. 


I am doing the same thing in the girls' room for curtains!  I love how it turned out!

I am also in LOVE with the board and batten behind the mirror!





Awesome job!!

-Make your life beautiful!


2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous bathroom. Can't wait to see yours!

    Come on over an visit my blog.
    In the beginning of my adventures.

    http://dragonfliezcreationz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kari,
    I'm so glad you liked our bathroom reno so much! I just can't wait to see how yours turns out. You're so sweet to feature our redo. :)
    Welcome back any time,
    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)